While I wasn’t able to see them all, these were my favorite EDM acts from Coachella. I highly recommend them for Weekend 2!
1. Porter Robinson I’m not kidding when I say his set brought me to tears. His visuals were incredible, the music was mixed perfectly. The vibes were all there. This man just delivered. “Divinity” live was everything I hoped it would be.
2. Coyote Kisses Unfortunately they’re not playing weekend 2, since they were at The Do Lab, but Coyote Kisses killed it. The entire two hours they played everyone was dancing and having so much fun. Their set mixed some of their original tracks with some sick remixes of songs everyone already knew the lyrics to — which was a great move for a relatively unknown duo.
3. What So Not Sans wingman Flume, Emoh Instead still absolutely delivered a fire set at Coachella. At one point he mixed in the Branches remix of “Stay High” that really got everyone going. His set filled Sahara with a rowdy dancing crowd who didn’t want to stop moving.
4. Odesza This was a great show because there were not a ton of people crowded into the tent, so you had lots of room to dance. If there’s one song I cannot get unstuck from my head from the weekend, it’s “Say My Name”. Hearing it live with everyone singing along was so fun to experience.
5. Kygo Lots of live singing for his set from various artists, which was really cool. He played his new collaboration with Dillon Francis, and then threw a few USBs out to the crowd with the song on it. Clever move. Very cool marketing idea. Dillon was apparently butt-hurt about that but whatever Felicia.
Who were some of your favorite acts this year?